Community & Events Manager
Level: Mid-Weight | Contract: Full Time | Salary: £21k – £25k depending on experience | Location: Bristol
Gather Round is a growing family of unique creative workspaces, designed to foster a positive community of like-minded creative people through an open and supportive culture.
Our considered spaces are designed to adapt to the diverse needs of our members. Made up of flexible areas with fixed and casual desks, private studios, meeting rooms, hang-out areas, communal kitchen tables and quiet rooms for headspace – this is a place to do your thing, your way.
We’re not here to tell people how to work, but to help them make it happen. Our mission is to build remarkable co-working spaces where creative industry professionals can connect, collaborate and thrive.
About the role
This full-time position will be based in our flagship venue, Cigar Factory, Southville. With a new venue opening in Bristol later this year we’re expanding the team to cater for the growth of the business. This, therefore, offers a great opportunity to develop your career within a young, ambitious company looking to grow over the coming years.
You will be responsible for helping to maintain our close-knit community – you will be the heart and soul of our diverse community.
We’re looking for a fun, friendly, super-organised person whose passion and drive supports our purpose and embodies our company values of trust, openness and inclusivity.
The role is wide and varied and therefore we’re looking for someone who can turn their hand to anything from housekeeping and front of house, to event planning and organising.
You’ll be expected to work under your own steam, reporting in on a daily/weekly basis to the Directors. You’ll be responsible for helping to support and nurture our community, as well as enabling collaboration.
You should be creative at heart, with a keen interest in the local design industry/community.
– It’s all about our people… working at GR means being attentive to our members’ needs and supporting them where necessary.
– You’ll be highly motivated and have a strong work ethic. You’re not afraid to go above and beyond when required.
– You’ll be used to working independently and you’ll be highly organised, with the ability to prioritise and be adaptable. Multi-tasking should be a breeze for you.
– You’ll have experience working in the service industry with management experience and/or the production of events, communicating with individuals and organising third parties.
– You’re fired up about Gather Round and our mission; you are ready to live, eat and breathe it, spreading the love to everyone you meet!
A welcome bonus would be…
– A background working with Adobe Suite.
– Understanding of Xero accounting software
– Copywriting skills
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you! Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Subject line: I’d like to apply for the Community & Events Manager role
Body: In 5x bullet points, describe why you’re the best person for the job and what you’d bring to the team.
Please also attach an up-to-date CV, plus a link to your LinkedIn profiles.
Deadline: *extended to Midday 2nd July
Interviews: w/c 5th July
Ideal Start Date: w/c 2nd August