Gather Round welcomes back our creative community
It seems somewhat unnecessary to point out the obvious, but it’s been a strange and unnerving three months since we decided to close the doors to Gather Round on Friday 20th March. Lives for so many of us have changed immeasurably as we’ve grappled with the new normal, and life under lockdown.
After developing a comprehensive strategy to take care of the health, safety and wellbeing of our members, we decided to open the doors again to a limited number of members on Monday 15th June. It feels SO good to be back among our community, many of whom have managed to weather the storm and rejoin us in the space.
As a co-working environment, reopening with the safety and wellbeing of our members in mind hasn’t been easy or straightforward. However, we’ve made key improvements to the building and implemented clear Covid-19 safety measures to take the precautions necessary to minimise the risk within the space. These include, but are not limited to:
– A set of stringent cleanliness and hygiene measures for each space, including the meeting rooms, kitchen and communal areas, to be adopted by all members. These include regular hand washing before and after using communal spaces and facilities.
– Set entry times during which all members are subject to a temperature check on arrival.
– Guidance for members who suspect any symptoms, which include not using the space and self-isolating for 7 days.
– Instructions for members to observe social-distancing where possible.
– A new ventilation system to improve and promote airflow throughout the building.
– External guests and dogs are prohibited until further notice.
By creatives, for creatives
During this time we’ve been encouraged by the sheer spirit and resilience of the creative community, with the proliferation of briefs to encourage creatives of all disciplines to put their free time to work for a good cause. And, we’ve found strength from the zest of our own community here at Gather Round, who have convened for virtual Campfire Talks and coffee morning catch-ups via Zoom, shared their self-isolation inspiration and valuable advice about how to tackle anxiety. While we hadn’t imagined tackling the challenges posed by a global pandemic in our first year, our commitment to our community remains the same: a well-designed workspace and a collaborative culture which brings people and ideas together.
Looking to relocate your business somewhere a little different? Drop us a message, and say hello! Any prospective members looking to join the space as a sole trader or small business should contact Megan, our Community Manager, who will be able to provide you with more details of the current memberships and studio spaces available and the safety measures we have in place at Gather Round. Our newly available Studio 3 is a fresh, fuss-free space; perfectly suited to a small creative business or team ready to escape the working from home situation. To get a taste of day-to-day antics at Gather Round, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and join our creative collective here in Bristol.
Please note that all images used in the is post were taken pre-lockdown.