Community Manager – Maternity Leave Cover (12 months)
Level: Mid-Weight | Contract: Full Time | Salary: £22k – £26k depending on experience | Location: Bristol | Start Date: Early to mid September, exact date TBC
Gather Round is a creative co-working space designed specifically for creative freelancers and businesses based in Bristol. Built by creatives, for creatives! Our mission is to design and curate exquisite co-working spaces that promote and support creativity through the workspace, and culture, somewhere that encourages the sharing of skills and the development of new ideas. We strive to build thriving communities of like-minded creative folk, therefore our spaces are carefully curated to ensure we get a diverse mix of people and businesses.
We take time to consider every last detail. Making sure that everything we do, we do with meaning and purpose.
About the role
This full-time position is based in our flagship venue in Southville, South Bristol. You will report directly to the two Directors and be responsible for building and maintaining our strong, unique community – you will be the heart and soul of our diverse community. This position brings great opportunity to develop your career within a young, ambitious company looking to grow over the next few years.
We’re looking for a fun, friendly, super-organised person whose passion and drive supports our purpose and embodies our company values of trust, openness and inclusivity.
The role is wide and varied and therefore we’re looking for someone who can turn their hand to anything from housekeeping and front of house, to event planning and social media marketing.
You’ll be expected to work under your own steam, reporting in on a daily/weekly basis to the Directors. You’ll be responsible for helping to support and nurture our community, as well as enabling collaboration.
You should be creative at heart, with a keen interest in the local design industry/community.
– It’s all about our people… working as a Community Manager at GR means being attuned to members’ needs and being supportive of their needs.
– You’ll be highly motivated and have a strong work ethic. You’re not afraid to go above and beyond when required.
– You’ll be used to working independently and you’ll be highly organised, with the ability to prioritise and be adaptable. Multi-tasking should be a breeze for you.
– You’ll have experience working in the service industry with management experience and/or the production of events, communicating with individuals and organising third parties.
– You’ll have experience managing social media accounts for a business.
– You’re fired up about Gather Round and our mission; you are ready to live, eat and breathe it, spreading the love to everyone you encounter!
A welcome bonus would be…
– A background working in the creative industries.
– Procurement experience (budgeting, purchasing, forecasting).
– Xero accounting management, or similar financial software experience.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter with 5x bullet points that explain why you’d be a good fit for the job to email@example.com
Applications close: 20th August 2020